Thursday, September 25, 2008

book club












These beautiful desserts were provided by none other than Taggart's Grill for book club hosted here at my home. My mother-in-law is a pretty amazing dessert chef.

The book we all read and discussed was The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. I would highly recommend the book to anyone. It was a beautifully written memoir about her childhood with some pretty crazy parents. I came away from the book feeling like a pretty good mom.

The week has been busy with minivan shopping/buying and cleaning house to host book club. I am anxious to simplify. I will stay home tomorrow and try to be still, at least for a few moments. I will at least get some good cuddles in on the couch with the little ones.

2 comments:

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

I can personally attest that the desserts were fabulous and the house looked great! I had such a good time, Amy. Thanks!

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Oh, and for shame that you were shy about telling people you have this fantastic blog! It's beautiful and sunny. An instant mood lifter. I'm going to check it daily.

Hugs!

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson