Thursday, October 9, 2008

careful what you wish for



As I was putting groceries away, I heard a big boom in the other room. I came running in to see what had happened. I found the playstation and the tivo behind the tv. I asked him what had happened.

"I don't know, I was just sitting in this chair right next to it and it fell."

"Ok, yeah right. Tell me what really happened."

"promise you wont be mad?"

"If you tell the truth, I won't be mad."

"I was climbing up there and my belly knocked it over."

So yeah, the playstation tried to honor my previous request. It did not survive the fall. I was wondering if my request had something to do with this and I thought crap these machines are expensive. (And I don't mind a good game of quitar hero)

Not to worry, Berk quickly remedied the problem. He sent out a mass text to all friends asking for a used playstation to buy for cheap. Our friend responded by giving us his old playstation2 for FREE. That's my awesome husband for ya, very resourceful.

I am relieved that this incident didn't cost us anymore money, but I was hoping for a little more time before the thing was replaced.

2 comments:

dani said...

berk is very resourceful! bryan and i always talk about that, he can get anything! good talent!

Amy said...

Unbelievable story! Do you think our thoughts are really that powerful?

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson