Sunday, October 26, 2008

daddy's girl


I almost made it through church without Berk. I had looked at the clock thinking "yes, only 10 minutes left". Thats when it all fell apart. Ella started crying very loudly saying," I want to go home." And then the older two started hitting each other. I grabbed Rhett and took him out along with Ella, who was letting the whole congregation know that she wanted to go home . As I grab Rhett and pull him out I smack is head on the bench. Wahoo. Then Mo follows along. I decided we had done well enough without daddy and it was time to go home.
On the way home Ella did not want to sit in the stroller, but refused to put on shoes to walk so I made her stay in the stroller. (Power struggle) She cried all the way home. When we made it home I pulled her out of the stroller and held her and she cried saying, "I want my daddy".
"Oh sweetie, you and me both."
After naps we took a drive up to the family restaurant to see daddy. The place was busy, which means Berk was busy. Even so, Ella wasn't going to leave his side. We ate lots of good food and spent some quality time with family. All in all the day turned out just fine.

2 comments:

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

At least you made it until 10 minutes before it was over. :-D

We in Minnesota said...

My name is Lisa Amott and I am Julie Petersen's oldest sister. Just want to say "Love the restaurant. Great food. Great people who run it and work there."

We probably will never go there again because we now live in Minnesota.

Cute blog. I also have a nine year old daughter. I miss the baby stuff, but she has such insight to life.

Good luck with church and the children. I don't think the whining ever ends. Just a bunch of whiney crabheads.

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson