Wednesday, October 1, 2008

banana bread


The bananas went bad. Whenever this happens I keep them for a few days with good intentions of making banana bread. Mind you, I have never made banana bread before. Then I end up throwing the nasty brown bananas in the garbage. I cringe as I'm doing it, like I do when any food goes in the garbage.
Today was different. I mashed up those overripe bananas, got on line for a recipe, and I made banana bread. It was the best banana bread I've tasted in a while. I got the recipe here. It was so much easier to make than I was imagining. I added some chocolate chips that were not part of the recipe.

2 comments:

erin said...

i'm totally making this. muchas gracias, hermana!

Brooke said...

you are quite the mother! i need to be more like you. i was reading about you thrift finds and thinking...."that is sooo Amy!" i love that you never change! you are awesome.

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson