Monday, November 3, 2008

Nie Nie and Wilco

So I don't know if any of you have been following the nie nie dialogues like I have. I have been so touch by their story and brought to tears many times as I read updates. I feel it has given me a wake up call as far as my role as a mother and a church member go. I have felt the need to slow down and remember how precious life is.

So anyway, on their blog they had some ebay items up for grabs. It so happened to be a signed guitar and a signed poster with a shirt and sticker by Berk's all time favorite band WILCO. ( I love them too) I told berk, "Nie Nie likes Wilco, I knew she was a cool girl!"
All the proceeds go the the nie recovery fund. Berk had some extra money saved from waiting tables, a job he doesn't normally do. I'm sure he had other intentions of how this money would be spent, but when he saw this auction, well, we both knew this could be our little way of helping this family in need. We obviously didn't win the guitar. it went for just over 1500 dollars. But we did luck out and win the bid on the items below. Feels good.



1 comment:

Meg said...

Yes and Yes! I just looked at her blog the other day and you know we like Wilco cause we saw you at the concert.
Love you Amy-
Meg

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson