Sunday, November 2, 2008

my hopes for spring


The unusually warm weather this saturday and also the forcast of rain, brought me away from cleaning my dirty floors and outside to planting my bulbs before it was too cold to get it done. I couldn't have asked for a better day to do some gardening. There was a warm breeze blowing the autumn leaves everywhere.

I pulled out all the dying flowers and cleaned up the beds in preperation for winter. I was a bit sad. My gardens , by some sort of luck, turned out great this year. The flowers gave our house some needed curb appeal and made it feel warm and inviting. I am sad to see them go. But I have hopes of tulips, narcissus, and daffodils in the spring.
This picture was taken 2 months ago at the end of the summer. It doesn't quite look like that anymore.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your flowers were phenomenal this year! How did you do it? Can't wait to see what next year brings . . .

dani said...

looks very pretty...i love your house!

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson