Saturday, January 31, 2009

January, I am learning to love you



I would like to take a moment and say good bye to January until next year. I am always happy to see you go. Although this January has been better than most. I am learning to love and live in the moment more. Time flies so fast, so what a blessing it is to have a few months that drag on a little.

pull time back a bit.


Here are a few things I've enjoyed about January.


1- A new calendar
I thought this calendar would look great in my kitchen, and it does!






2- Speaking of musicals, I saw wicked in Los Angeles this month. So good!!! Now if only I can weasel my way into some tickets here in Utah.


3- A first and much needed family vacation.


4- Knitting, I love curling up on the couch during nap time or after kids have gone to bed to knit. It's like my form of meditation.


5- Wearing yummy scarfs and beanies. Hopefully some hand knit.



6-Cuddling on the couch. something that is so wonderful in january with lots of blankets. Rhett told me the other day that he loves me because I will snuggle with him. Melt my heart right there.

6- board games. Most definitely a winter past time.


7- Lost starts up again!!
8-And last but not least, the love of my life's birthday is in January!!


So there, January!! I'll be looking forward to you again next year.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that Amy. I feel the same way, I love January because after a hectic December it's so nice to be calm. And 2 of my kids have birthdays.

TK said...

WICKED I LOVE That you saw that. What a fun new twist on the wizard of oz. How was Disneyland? We haven't taken our boys yet but we will one day. I am sad you didn't stop by on your way but maybe we can catch you next time you are down this direction. I LOVE YA

TK

Camille said...

I didn't know that I meant that much to you! Thank you my birthday was a lot of fun!

Camille said...

p.s. LOVE the calendar

dani said...

this year i have made a really big effort to love january. or not deteste it as i always have, and it worked! love the photos!

Amy said...

Loved your post. You know we share the same sentiments about the long winters in these parts. I was feeling pretty excited to wake up on February 1 and think -- "We made it!!" Now, how many more weeks/months until the thaw?

McKenzie Larson said...

You are such a positive thinker! Good way to be! Hopefully see ya in March when I'm down! Dinner on the 6th is what we're shooting for! I wanna see Wicked soooo bad! :( I love the music and got to sing Elphaba's part in a concert a few months ago! Soo fun!! Wish I could swing some tickets in SLC too!

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson