Tuesday, January 27, 2009

she did it

She did it!!! She pooped in her potty. Tonight Ella came running out yelling I pooped in my potty. I immediately drop what I am doing, run to the bathroom to investigate if and how big this said poop is. It definitely qualified as a poop, so I start jumping up and down cheering, hugging, giving hi fives, and making the biggest deal possible. She was thrilled!!!
About an hour later, I see her do the poop dance that she has done all day. I drop what I am doing and run her to the potty. But something about being told what to do doesn't really fly with this red head. So I leave her screaming protest in frustration. 30 seconds later she yells, "I pooped in potty again!" I run to investigate. Sure enough, and bigger than the last.
I am a little surprised that this much poop can come out of such a small little girl.
She then proceeds to tell me her poop looks like ice cream. I take one more look, sure enough, it has a strange resemblence to soft serve ice cream.
I guess thats what 9 days on miralax will do.
Oh happy day!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you...and her! She has to feel better. I hope this continues for both of you. The one thing I never wnted to do raising kids was potty train.

i'm h.mac said...

YAY! only a mother can know what a highlight in your life this can be. hope it's smooth sailing from here on out...

Unknown said...

hehe. HOORAY! Funny how you can get so excited about yucky poop...but I TOTALLY would. Just goes to show you how much we love our kiddos. haha. Hope she keeps going with it.

Amy said...

Oh, yay! Happy day! I'm way behind you when it comes to potty training Isaac. That picture is perfect. Hehe.

melanie said...

Amy! it's mel. sorry it took me so long to get back to you. thank you so much for the email. you really have the most adorable little family. your little ella seems hilarious!

Leciawp said...

It's the little things, right? Hooray!! :)

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

YES! I'm so happy for all of you!!!

Naytron said...

Oh dear... dont let her eat that icecream!

Camille said...

hey cuz-in-law! hurray for potty training! Don't you love what they think about their bowel movements! So I started up my new blog because I have issues...you can still visit me at menohatebloganymore.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Glad to see that you and your family are doing well- really well now that there's pooping in a potty ;) I can't wait for the day my little girl does that!
You're totally allowed to blog stalk me anytime! I love seeing how people are doing and what they're up to.
We're in Eden right now actually, but my husband works in Layton...we're in the process of trying to move closer, into Ogden I think. Anyway- keep in touch!

Jennifer and Tyler said...

Hey Amy, it's Jen Gladwell (Megan's friend, the one who's expecting twins :) I found your blog through meg, so cute by the way. I was just wondering if you are still in the business of fruit knit hats? I wouldn't need them until next winter since my lovies won't be here until April,so I would need size 6-12 mos. however you do it. email me jentygladwell@gmail.com if you are interested. I also have cute website of another type of knit hat that I was wondering if you could copy? sorry for the long comment :)

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson