Wednesday, August 19, 2009

a view from above

I've lived below some amazing mountains all my life, and I've lived in this house for over 4 years and finally this week hiked to the top of the mountain that sits in front of us. Oh, and not once but twice in the last three days. What an amazing hike. It's not even the hike on my list. I am so totally sore, but it was very much worth it. Being up in the mountains brings me peace and looking out from the top helps bring perspective in my little life. I can't explain it, but it is good medicine. Here are a few not so great pictures from the top. Enjoy!! They're not nearly as great as the real deal.












3 comments:

Bre Perkes said...

heyyyyy
why didn't you invite me...
gosh..hahahha

Meg said...

Oh how I love the mountains!!! Good job on the hiking. We're planning to hike Malan's Sat morning- top of 27th St a 6:30 if you are interested =)

Amy said...

Amy, I'm so proud of you! Monica and I were doing this hike once per week last fall. SO FUN!!! (and hard). I think we (you, me, Monica and whoever else wants to) should start doing it once per week this fall. What do you think? So beautiful . . .

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson