Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last bits of summer

The last bit of summer has found us at the lake. We gathered some good friends, some cheap pizza, and headed for the beach.
I'm not sure how it went down but all the "big kids" ended up out in the lake all trying to balance on a huge log. I remember as a kid playing on a blow up log in the pool. But man, who knew a free log in a lake could be so much fun. We all tried to balance, and stand on the log. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

There was also a rope swing on a tree with a nice water skiing handle on the bottom. Above is a picture of me hanging on tight. The water was cold!

The kids played forever in the sand and mo and her friend had a blast on the swing.


I am always sad to see summer come to an end. I enjoy having my kids home and I feel a bit of sadness to see another chapter in our lives end. To watch them take the next step into a new grade. I do enjoy a bit of routine that school brings, but I will always be a summer girl.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool photograph on summer vacations...thaks for sharing us...

cathrin disusa
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Penny said...

What a metaphor! Hanging on to that rope swing like trying to hang on to the halcyon days of summer.

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun! Is that Pineview? I'll have to find out where you went.

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson