Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Recap

For some reason, Rhett has decided that he doesn't like the camera anymore. Reminds me of his Uncle about this age. I got this picture of him because my dad told him he couldn't have any candy unless we got a picture.
Ella wore her black cat costume to the grandparent stops, but as soon as we pulled into the church parking lot for trunk-or-treat, she had decided she was done wearing it.
I really like the trunk-or-treat idea. It seems to bring the whole neighborhood together, and it gives the adults a reason to dress in costume. It's more like a Halloween social. The weather was so nice we didn't even need jackets. If only every Halloween could be like that.
I can't end without bragging about my Halloween frugality. I spent a total of $6 this year on all three costumes. The cat costume all three kids have worn, Rhett's cape was 5 dollars at a yard sale. Mo's socks and hat were 50 cents each at the same yard sale. Her black dress I found at the D.I. for a dress up back when she was 4. And the makeup, it was saved from last year. I know, pretty impressive.

No comments:

Free Web Counters
"Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart. Like why are we here, where do we go, and how come it's so hard." -Jack Johnson